Become a Member
Thank you for your interest in joining our club! You likely share our belief that civic participation is an essential element in the lives of well-rounded business leaders and engaged community members, and we invite you to contribute to our community. Becoming part of our Club offers a number of benefits, including:
- Affecting positive change in the local community
- Developing leadership and vocational skills
- Gaining a better understanding of the social and economic development in the Plovdiv region
- Contributing to resolving international humanitarian issues with the Rotary network
- Forging lasting friendships and business connections
Membership is by invitation rather than by application. This means that, before you can become a member, we want to get to know you better and ensure your philosophy fits in with ours and that of Rotary International. You also need to fulfil certain criteria, which will determine whether you are eligible for membership.
These are some things you need to consider before becoming a member of our club:
- Time Commitment: Rotary’s motto is ‘Service Above Self’. This means that you must make yourself available to attend at least 50% of our regular (weekly) meetings, as well as commit to donate your time and skills to do community work as and when needed.
- Financial Commitment. Rotary membership is not free. All members are required to have a degree of financial capacity, and pay for things such as a joining fee, yearly subscription, cost of weekly dinners and other events throughout the year, etc.
- Minimum age of 30. Rotary’s membership is open to professional men and women over the age of 30. If you are a young professional between the ages of 18-30, you may want to join a local Rotaract club instead.
- Skills and Experience. As a member of the club, you will be expected to contribute to our work by utilising your professional and vocational skills and your personal and business connections in the community. What skills can you offer that will be of benefit to the club?
If you are confident that you can fulfil these requirements and that you will ‘fit in’, please Contact Us and someone will be in touch.